For almost a year now I have had a knot on the side of my face directly in front of my ear. It feels like the bone is coming out of place when I open my job. It pushes my lower jaw to the left. I do grind my teeth and because of being anemic I frequently chew ice. I am currently pregnant and this is becoming painful. I wake up very sore in the morning and after chewing I sometimes cannot close my mouth normally, like my teeth don't come together right. What can I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - November - 2012, at 04:10 AM

• Visit your dentist to find out the root cause of grinding of teeth.Many a times stress has been linked to this habit. If it is in your case than you should engage yourself in some stress breaking activities like medidation.Since you are pregnant,avoid taking any medication without consulting your physician.You can apply ice packs to the sore spots. Ice packs usually numb the area and decrease the inflammation and pain. Wrap the ice pack in a clean, dry towel while using and apply it for no longer than 15 minutes. The ice can be alternated with a heat pack which will help to relax muscles and also reduce pain. Wrap the heat pack in a towel to avoid burns. Apply either heat or cold to the side of your face.Massage your jaw line to releive pain.Avoid hard or crunchy food.

For more info on tooth grinding, its causes and cure you must go through the link...http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-teeth-grinding-bruxism-5.aspx

Free Dental Consultation