Hi, I had a cavity in my 2nd premolar that was doing fine for a while because I changed my tooth paste. A couple months ago I bit down on a piece of food and I heard and felt a little crack and a little piece of my tooth came off. There's a hole now, not huge, but food does get trapped every so often so I've really been careful not to chew on that side and to brush often. It wasn't really bothering me other then a few tooth aches when food gets wedged in there. Recently it has gotten a lot worse! It is a constant annoyance now. Toothaches have become more frequent and it doesn't sit in it's socket the same. I'm pretty sure I've had an infection in the tooth or the area for the last couple weeks because there is a nodule in my jaw that can be painful to press on and also sends shooting nerve like pain down my jaw when pressed. The gum around the tooth swells often and today there was a pocket of puss that sat on top of the swelling and burst, ew! Pretty sure that's not good...I've been saving up because I assume this will be pretty pricy. Hope you can help. Thanks.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - July - 2015, at 20:21 PM

• It looks like that your tooth is infected. Now you have to schedule an appointment with dentist who will take an xray and do clinical examination to see whether the tooth is restorable or not. If it is restorable then you will need root canal treatment followed by a crown on top of tooth otherwise you have to get this tooth pulled out and get an implant afterwards to fill the gap. Yes, both procedures are expensive and if you would have got it done earlier when it was just a cavity without any symptoms, you would have saved quite a money and discomfort. So now schedule an appointment asap. For more info  on root canal treatment you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-root-canal-treatment-vs-tooth-extraction-915.aspx

Free Dental Consultation