For the past few days, the gums and cheek around my bottom wisdom tooth have been swollen. Its seems to be getting worse each day. It hurts worse in the mornings or before bed. Even normal things such as eating, yawning, coughing, closing my mouth or even sucking through a straw hurts. Recently, I have noticed a slight split and raw section in the very back of my mouth were all the swelling is. The area seems very hard right where it is swollen, and searing pain shoots down into my jaw when touched. The outside of my mouth, right under my jaw seems swollen and hurts when touched as well. Ive tried taking antibiotics, brushing my teeth more, and gargling salt water but nothing seems to help.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - March - 2012, at 02:18 AM

• it looks like your wisdomt ooth is infected. It can be because of the decayed tooth or become of the gum infection. For this you have to go to the dentist . The dentist will do the clinical examination and take the X-rays. if the condition is treatable then the dentist will treat it otherwise the extraction is indicated. The wisdom tooth as such is not an important tooth as it does not help in chewing. For more info on wisdom toothyou canvisit the following link.....

Free Dental Consultation