I had a root canal done about a month and a half ago. It was unsuccessful. It got infected and my tooth basically fell off, broke off. Went to the dentist and had it completely removed. I am on amoxicillin and have been since I noticed the infection. The dentist said the infection would go away once the tooth was removed. It's has been over a week and it is still infected in my upper jaw. It also is very sore. Should I go back? Or will it go away eventually? I am always having teeth problems, and they alway give me penicillin or amoxicillin. Have I become immune to this? For the pain they have me taking ibuprofen, it does nothing but burn my stomach. Please help me.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - August - 2012, at 20:02 PM

• If you have problem even after a week of extraction then you must visit your dentist. Some times after extraction the dry socket is there so the dentist will do the examination and find out the cause . if it is dry socket then the extraction socket will be cleaned and the dressing will be given. it will help in the healing of the wound. For more info on omplications after tooth extraction you can visit the following link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation