i recently had 4 small amalgam fillings(2 on side molars and 2 on premolars). After knowing the fact that they contain mercury I'm tensed and want safe removal with their safe restoration alternative. Meanwhile i also also came across that even composite resins have serious effects on health. I'm in a jeopardy for which alternative to opt for. Are gold fillings safe. If yes what are there cost of restoration? please suggest me with the best alternative that i can opt for.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - May - 2012, at 02:08 AM

• You don't need to freak out as the concentration of mercury is below the hazardous level and if the filling is not causing any problem than you don't need to worry at all. The dental filling materials are approved only after their strict testing regarding their adverse effects so every filling material is safe only different is their strenght and shelf life. Gold fillings have longest shelf life and are strongest...The cost of gold filling is approximately 10 times of what you gave for amalgam filling. For more info on fillings you can visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-how-mercury-is-used-in-dental-fillings--641.aspx

Free Dental Consultation