A few years ago, I had a filling fall out of one of my molars. After a few months the lingual cusps broke off. And within the next year, the other cusps broke off. So now there is a kind of hole and the roots are still in there I assume. I'm sure there is some kind infection as I have drainage. There is no toothache but my gums seem somewhat inflamed but not really painful. My question is : what is the procedure that I will need and approximately how much does it cost? I live in fort Wayne Indiana and have no dental insurance.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 24 - August - 2012, at 01:26 AM


    Since you are not experiencing any pain so i doubt that your tooth might have become non-vital and RCT might be required. Though the exact line of treatment can only be said after getting an Xray done. So, it is recommended to visit a dentist and get an Xray done. For time being you can take ibuprofen that will reduce swelling and also do warm saline gargles twice to thrice daily. Amoxycillin can help kill infection. 

    Regarding cost, it also depends upon the dentist, the place and what material he or she will be using for the treatment. Since you don't have any insurance so you can get the treatment from any dental school where though you will be treated by budding dentists but it is under the supervision of experts or you can take help from CARE CREDIT.

    For more info on free dental treatment you can visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-insurance-plans-58.aspx

Free Dental Consultation