Four months ago, I had a cavity filled. It was a deep one that went into the pulp and had gotten to the nerves in my gums. After that, it was a bit sensitive. About a month later, I had my teeth cleaned and told the dentist that it was still sensitive. She said that was normal. Now, it still hurts when I drink cold liquids or eat cold foods. It also tends to sharply throb for a few moments, usually after I wake up. My tooth also tends to hurt whenever I hit my head on something. What can I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - May - 2014, at 09:28 AM

• The filling should not be done in cavity which is very deep and it is into the pulp. In that case, you first have to get the root canal treatment done followed by filling and crown. You problem is because of the infection in the tooth which is there because of deep cavity. So donot ignore it. It is not normal to sensitive tooth after filling. So schedule an appointment with dentist and get an xray done and get the treatment done, which if possible is root canal treatment followed by crown on top of tooth. for more info on root canal you can check the following link in our  website  .... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation