I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed on Monday the 23rd so it has been over a week. I am a very paranoid person and I am worries about dry sockets. I have very little pain and in fact today didn't need any pain killers, but after I rinse I do get a little pain on 1 side that throbs and radiates up my face a little but it is bearable and noramlly disappears in an hour. I did have a bad taste in my mouth and bad breath about a week ago and now it is almost totally gone. Thank you so much for helping me out!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - July - 2014, at 20:01 PM

• Even after more than a week of wisdom tooth extraction, you do not have acute pain and swelling then you donot have to worry about dry socket. The pain you are having, is may be due to healing of extraction socket because healing depends on type of procedure and bone cutting required for tooth extraction. So just relax, keep on doing warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day for another week or two. Maintain very good oral hygiene and follow all after care instructions given by your oral surgeon. for more info on complications after tooth extraction, you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation