Hi, A week ago I woke up with a sore bottom jaw. Thought I've bumped myself in my sleep and haven't given any futher attention to it. Two days on my bottom gums started to swole and become red, so much that I'm in such pain at this moment. Only taking in fluids. Can hardly open my jaw. The swolen jaw is noticable from the outside and my bottom gums are now bloody, red and very painful. The dentist in town gave me antibiotics and painkillers. Said I must come back next week because the swelling is too much to see exactly what the problem is. Could you please give me some advise to get me through the weekend as I dont get any sleep from the pain. Thank you in advance.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - June - 2012, at 01:01 AM

• Follow the course of medication that dentist gave. Apart from this you should try some home remedies like aloe-vera juice. Also put  a  cup of uncooked rice in a cloth tie it off and heat it and apply on the swelled area. Eat soft foods for the next several days, and not open your mouth more than you have to. Cut bananas, apples, whatever you're going to eat into thin slices, then slide them thin-ways into your mouth so you barely have to open it. Soup is much better option...for more info visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-dental-pain--539.aspx

Free Dental Consultation