I had tooth 19 extracted 6 days ago. During the extraction the doctor had a difficult time getting me and keeping me numb, I was told it was due to a large amount of infection. The tooth was already broken down to the gum line. I have been in severe pain for two days and now having a hard time opening my mouth it feels like my jaw is locking up. It's Sunday so no open dentist and I have tried every otc pain reliever and even clove oil. I'm miserable any suggestions?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - April - 2014, at 20:23 PM

• In such cases where tooth is badly infected, chances of dry socket formation are very high and so may be you have dry socket and in such cases the dentist has to clean the area and give dry socket dressing. for this you have to schedule an appointment with your dentist. Till then do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day and maintain good oral hygiene and take your meds. for more info on complications after tooth extraction, you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation