My tooth has suddenly become very sensitive to hot liquids and food. The pain can be relieved with cold water. I'm pretty sure I need a root canal. I am scheduled to go on a 2 week trip to Europe in 2 weeks. Is it possible to postpone treatment and get some pain relief for about one month by taking antibiotics?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - April - 2013, at 20:34 PM

• If pain is relieved by cold water then it is sure that you have infected tooth and need root canal treatment. By taking antibotics and painkiller tabs you can subside the pain but you never know when it starts again. So it is better to get the root canal treatment done before going on trip as these days single sitting root canals are done. Moresoever senstivity in the tooth must be due to decay or cavity and there is chance of tooth fracture if you donot get is restored and delay the treatment. Rest you can get it checked up from dentist and if dentist thinks that it can be delayed then you can act accordingly. For more info on situations where root canal treatment is needed you can read this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation