My 13 year old just had her 2 baby k-9's pulled out and they went in and exposed her adult k-9's that were growing impacted. They put a button and chain on the adult teeth and hooked it to her braces. That was done on Thurs. 7/26, here we are 7/29 and she is running a fever of 101-102, is that normal? I can't call her dentist until in the morning. She has laid around for 3 days now. I'm worried about her.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Mauro

Mauro 17 - August - 2016, at 09:29 AM

• I got my braces on a few months ago, I've noticed that when my braces get tightened I feel sick with low fever, head aches and shivers, it is the same sensation from a flu symptoms. It seems to me that those side effects are uncommon but possible.

• a person

a person 01 - April - 2013, at 18:45 PM

• i just got my top braces today, and when i got home i had a fever. i am leaving on a 5 day trip tomorrow and i'm in soooooo much pain from braces and my fever. i don't want to eat because i'm sick and my teeth hurt from my braces!

• Ashlynn Hulsey

Ashlynn Hulsey 30 - July - 2012, at 23:38 PM

• Hi so im 23 and had my braces put on a few months ago. probably about 4 months.and i have one K-9 tooth that is being pulled down and one right below it on the same side getting pulled up. lol so been in alot of pain thats spreading into my eye and cheek area. and have been experiencing a low grade fever for 2 days now. and i rarely get them. ive been really out of it. so i too would say that your daughter isnt the only one experiencing this horrible pain and fever. being that babies fever when teething. its pretty similar. hope my story helps :)

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - July - 2012, at 03:19 AM

• Getting fever after an orthodontic treatment is a normal thing to encounter. You can take paracetamol and also inform to the dentist regarding the same and don't worry as the fever will subside in a day or two. The cause of fever is the pressure put on by wires on the permanent tooth. Also continue with the course of medications that has been provided to you by your dentist. If the fever and pain doesn't subside in next couple of days then schedule an emergency visit.For more info visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_types-of-tooth-pain-after-dental-filling-814.aspx

Free Dental Consultation