My dentist can not see me, even for an emergency until March 18th. The nearest dentist besides him who takes my insurance is 3.5 hours away and I don't own a car. #4 had a root canal started on it and then broke last year. The buccal surface is missing completely to the gumline. The lingual surface is still there. It has now become loose and wiggling, but only the lingual side. The buccal side that is there under the gumline is not loose. Is it okay if that half comes out? Am I at severe risk of infection if only half of the tooth comes out? There is no pain (besides the tooth pressing into the gum). I don't know if I should attempt to take it out or try to keep it in as long as possible.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - March - 2014, at 09:11 AM

• If your dentist is not available then you have to consult other dentist who is available to you as the infected tooth is always focus of infection and it should not be taken lightly and besides without clincal examination and xrays it is not possible to give the treatment plan. If the broken tooth is not attended then it can lead to tooth abscess which can cause problems. As already the root canal is left is between and the tooth has broken, the chances of saving the tooth are very less but still schedule an appointment with dentist. for more info on tooth abscess you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-abscessed-tooth-55.aspx

Free Dental Consultation