I have broke three teeth in a week (looks like decaying inside out). Today the pain is incredible and I've noticed the bone at my chin is swelling and hurts to even barely touch it. I'm scheduled to have a hip replacement the 23rd of this month and I'm going to a clinic and hopefully will get these last nine teeth pulled (dentures on top already). What can I do about this swelling and severe pain until then??

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - February - 2012, at 08:54 AM

• Pain in the bone with swelling is due to infected teeth. When infection is there in tooth, it goes to the roots and from there to periapical area. For this you have to visit your dentist and start with antibiotics and pain killer tabs. As you alread have denture in the upper jaw and you want to get all teeth pulled out in lower jaw, these also have to be pulled out. Till you visit your dentist you can take pain killer tabs and do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and try to maintain good oral hygiene. For more info on abscessed teeth you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation