Awhile back i had gotten two fillings in my top two back teeth. Apparently the filling on the left side came out and the tooth became decayed. I wouldn't have noticed this because there was no pain until it broke and cut into my cheek. My attention hasn't been on my teeth in awhile because of several surgeries, which I'm on my way to another. I'd like to know what the dentist is possibly going to do and whether i could be put to sleep during it as I am highly anxious at the dentists'. Thank you very much for your answer!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - June - 2013, at 20:34 PM

• Treatment depends upon the amount of decay and the tooth material left. If the tooth is badly decayed but the tooth material is sufficient then may be the dentist will recommend root canal treatment followed by crown. If the tooth is unrestorable then you have to get it pulled out. You have to schedule an appointment with the dentist and find out the treatment plan. you can also discuss about the type of treatment and about the sedation part. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-root-canal-treatment-is-done-298.aspx

Free Dental Consultation