I just plucked my wisdom tooth 1 week ago, and the stitches have been removed. However, 2 days ago, I started having a bad taste(same taste I had when I had a rotting tooth 10 years ago) in mouth coming from the upper wisdom tooth that was removed. When i told the dentist, she told me not to worry about it first. I have gargled with salt water, use the syringe to clear food out of the wisdom tooth sites, but there is still the bad taste at times. Out of curiousity, i sometimes use my tongue and suck on the hole, and the bad taste would come out. Is this normal?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - May - 2012, at 00:10 AM

• I guess you are having dry socket since you sucked your socket with tongue. My suggestion is to immediately visit your dentist and get the treatment done. You dentist will put a medicated gauze into the socket that will provide some relief and will also accelerate the healing process. 

And in the meantime, do warm saline gargels 2-3 times daily as it helps in getting rid of infection. For more info on dry socket you can visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-dry-socket-879.aspx

Free Dental Consultation