Hello. Several years ago I bit down on a bacon bit and broke my tooth. The tooth had a filling from a previous cavity (lower right 1st molar.) At first there was intese pain but it subsided over time. I was a student in college and couldn't afford a dentist so I decided to tough it out. Over the years I didn't seem to have any problems. However, recently I have noticed an increase in tinnitus in my right ear and what feels like inflamation in my ear and throat. I don't have any pain and no fever. I was wondering if this could be related to my tooth situation, possibly bacteria from the tooth causing the inflamation via the eustachian tube. Is that possible? I know I need to get the tooth fixed, but my question is could this be related to the tooth, or is my ear and throat situation from something else, like sinus congestion or allergy. I would reaaly appreciate your opinion. Thank you. Chris.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - February - 2012, at 10:47 AM

• Any decayed tooth is a possible source of infection and it need to be fixed. With out clinical examination and detailed history it is difficult to say whether your problems are related to the infected tooth or not. An acutely infected tooth can cause the ear ache or difficulty in swallowing but whether in your case this is the cause can not be said. It is better you go to the dentist and get the diagnosis made. For more info on abcessed tooth you can visit the following link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation