I have problems with my front 4 teeth and my dentist suggested crowns. He also suggested that I at first have my wisdom teeth pulled. Now considering that they are not adjacent to where the crown will be, would it be ok for me to have the crowns put in and then have the wisdom teeth pulled within a year? I can't do both. They have to be done seperately so my insurance will cover part of the crowns. I have had a bond put on my front tooth 3 times. 2 in 6 moths and it just started to fall apart again. I'm done with bonds and want crowns put in. My teeth are a mess. Would this be okay?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - June - 2012, at 02:25 AM

• There  is no harm in going for crown but regarding wisdom tooth extraction, it is better if you stick to the decision of your dentist. Did s/he took your X-ray before telling you regarding extraction? If it has been done than go for it as delaying of wisdom tooth will cause further infection and may affect the adjacent tooth too. for more info on wisdom tooth extraction you can visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-wisdom-teeth-152.aspx

Free Dental Consultation