My son is in Federal Prison in Phoenix AZ for growing medical marijuana in California and had a root canal done before his incarceration. He was not able to get the crown completed prior to his self surrender dated. FCI will not do a Crown but they will apply a regular filling. Will that be sufficient for now or is he better off not doing anything and wait till he is released in about 20 to 26 months? He is concerned about the ntooth being weak and breaking or cracking.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 28 - January - 2013, at 08:42 AM

  • If the crown on tooth is not put then atleast get the permanent filling done. Normally after Root Canal treatment the crown is must as the tooth becomes brittle but if it is delayed due to some reason then atleast permanent filling should be done which gives atleast some strength to the tooth. Lateron he can go for dental crown. For more info on Root Canal treatment you can check this link in our website...

Free Dental Consultation