a while back i started to feel a very sharp pain from the back of my mouth and it would travel all the way to the front. as time went by the pain would come and go and it would get more intense until i couldnt take it anymore. i went to get a consult from my oral surgeon and he said it was my wisdom tooth (top right side)because it was growing out at an angle so it might have been pinching a nerve. and honestly thats what it feels like.. is a nerve being hit and it just runs on the right side of my jaw. so on dec. 3, 2013 i had it removed and had local aneshesia to numb the area. after that day the healing process was normal; i had brusing and swelling. about a week later i went for the follow up and the doctor said everyhting was healing fine. so now its been three weeks and recently the sharp pain has came back for the last couple of days. the only difference with the pain is that it lasts all day and i literally cry because it is so intense. also, the pain travels on both my top and bottom right sides. i wash my teeth 3 times a day and ive been using mouth wash so i can make sure the incision wouldnt get infected or anything. i scheduled an appointment for the 31st. do you have any idea what it could be? (i also got my bottom right wisdom tooth removed 2 years ago and it healed perfectly.)

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - December - 2013, at 20:49 PM

• If you had the tooth extraction done and healing is perfect then there is no cause of pain as it is already 3 weeks after you got the extraction done. Sometimes this pain is due to some neuralgia but in that case  the pain comes and goes and it is not for whole day and it has some trigger zones. So without clinical exam and proper history it is difficult to comment on cause of pain. You have to get the xrays done from your dentist to find out whether the pain is due to some dental problem or due to soem neurological reasons. As you have already scheduled and appointment, so discuss with your dentist and find out the exact cause. for more info on comlications after wisdom tooth extraction you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-pain-during-and-after-tooth-extraction-870.aspx

Free Dental Consultation