A little over a month ago I went to my general dentist and had a root canal done. Now a little over a month later I went back and told her it was still bothering me and it looks cracked (It doesn't have a crown or cap on it) She picked at it and I flinched in pain she doesn't understand why I can still feel that tooth. I already have an appointment to go back but I'm wondering what this COULD be I know you can't say exactly what but I need some information please. Everyone I call to ask questions won't tell me anything. It's sensitive to hard, chewy foods, pressure, and sometimes hot and cold. Thank you for any information.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - June - 2012, at 22:32 PM

• Though your tooth requires X-ray but from your description of symptoms it seems that your tooth is cracked either due to trauma or due to biting on a hard object. It is madatory to get the crown on tooth after you had an RCT as the Root canaled tooth becomes brittle and is not able to bear the masticatory forces. So, i would suggest you to visit a dentist and get an Xray done...for more info cracked tooth you can visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-cracked-tooth-56.aspx

Free Dental Consultation