Nearly one year ago I had my four front teeth extracted and was fitted with a removable partial. For the last two days I have been experiencing "tooth" pain as if my teeth are still there but they are not. When I place my partial in my mouth after awhile it starts to hurt as if the teeth are real. It is an excruciating pain too. I have tried tylenol but it does work.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - May - 2012, at 00:16 AM

• The pain might be due to trauma to the gingiva which is a common cause of pain in denture wearing patients. I suggest you to have a look at the under side of your denture for any irregularity and if it is there than kindly report it to the dentist. S/he will smoothen it out. 

Till that time you can take a gumpaint and gently do massaging over the infected area. Along with it do warm saline gargles but the first thing to do is to report the case to a dentist (Prosthodontist) who fitted  a denture.

For more info on problems related to removable dentures and how to cope up with them you can visit...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-does-your-dentures-cause-mouth-pain-584.aspx

Free Dental Consultation