My husband has been battling an abcess for 4 weeks now. 2 complete doses of antibiotics later the pain and swelling have not subsided. I feel a hard knot just under his jawbone and our dentist has confirmed there is NOT a cavity. He can barely open his mouth. He has an appointment to have the tooth extracted on June 16th but I'm afraid to wait that long. Suggestions please

Leave Comment

Comments

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 04 - June - 2014, at 20:06 PM

  • If the abscess is already there for the last 4 weeks and it is not responding to antibiotics then you have to get the treatment done asap. You should not wait till 16 June as infection can spread and it can be really nasty. So discuss this with your dentist and reschudule your appointment for tooth extraction. Till then maintain good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day. Avoid eating from that side and take the meds regularly. for more info on tooth extraction you  can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-tooth-extraction-27.aspx

Free Dental Consultation