I saw a dentist 2 years ago after my gold cap fell off my left molar and I was in moderate pain. He recommended a root canal after xrays , glued the cap on and sent me home with penicillin. I had no insurance at the time and was not in any situation to pay for the procedure. The cap fell off a couple of weeks later and after finishing the prescription I did great for about a year and then the pain started coming and going.I never feel the pain for long periods of time but I know it is inevitable I need either the tooth pulled or have a root canal. Lately I feel like I am fighting a virus/cold and have been getting sharp pains in my head that come and go suddenly. Could this have anything to do with my molar? I never get headaches. Thanks, Cloe

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - January - 2014, at 10:03 AM

• The headache can be because of infected molar as the dental pain radiates to head causing the temporal pain or headache. So you have to schedule an appointment with dentist to be sure about this. As the tooth is already infected, the chances are there that the headache is being caused by the infected tooth. For more info on dental pain you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-pain-42.aspx

Free Dental Consultation