I have a molar that broke a year ago & i haven't been to a dentist yet, Its flush with my gum & my gum started growing over it & cant be pulled like a normal tooth because of it so my question is how will it be taken out due to my situation?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 15 - February - 2012, at 09:04 AM

  • In such cases where the crown part of tooth is broken and root is inside which is covered by the gums, dentist gives the incision and raises the flap and after raising the flap, if needed, bone cutting is done and root part is pulled out. There are special instruments with dentist for this like root forceps which make is easy. Instead of normal extraction, it becomes surgical extraction. As bone cutting is to be done, you have to be very careful afterwards as healing may take long upto 3 weeks. For more info on tooth extraction types, you can read this aticle.. http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-surgical-tooth-extraction-procedure-889.aspx

Free Dental Consultation