Last week I had an old filling removed and refilled..Right after there was pain while eating where it felt it was going straight to my nerve and now a dull ache is following. I do not have money for a root canal and visited the dentist again today. They said i could pull it, although it appears to be strong or try a medicated filling..The issue I'm having with this is the dentist is not sure it will help and I'm afraid of doing even more damage by drilling again. Please help the pain is almost unbearable

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - January - 2014, at 09:36 AM

• It looks like that filling is quite deep and it is quite near to nerve and from your symptoms it looks like that your tooth is infected. So you have to go for root canal treament. You can take a chance with medicated filling but in initial stages of infection, it is not very sure whether filling will work or not. So if you want the permanent treatment then it is root canal treatment. Till then you can have some pain killer tabs. for more info on conditions where root canal treatment is needed, you can read this article in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation