I have been told, a few years ago, by a physician that I have a hematoma in my mouth. I can actually feel the "bump" when I rub my tongue across it. I can feel it with y finger as well. There is not pain, but I am worried about it because it has been ther for so long. I have other oral issues. I have not been able to afford all that needs to be done, so I ahev procrastinated to begin all the necessary work. What could this "bump" mean? I can seeit and it looks like a regular pimple because it has a white top...please advise. Thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - August - 2012, at 01:13 AM

• It might be something medically termed as mucocele. They are not to dangerous and are filled with pus. If you poke them they will turn reddish. The best treatment is to leave the mucocele as it is. They will go on its own.

Dont burst the mucocele as it can come back again. If you experience recurrence then consult a doctor.

Salt treatment: Use warm saline gargles to do gargels two to three times daily. Also keep noting the size of the mucocele on daily basis to see the improvement.

Primrose oil can be applied over the cyst. It helps in faster healing. Castor oil with honey can also work. 

For more info you can visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-are-dental-cysts-756.aspx

Free Dental Consultation