hi i have broken tooth the tooth in the front on the right has rotted a hole through from front to back on the top right corner and around the actual hole the top layer of the tooth broke off ( almost like peeling the top layer off a onion) i cant see a dentist for a few days and i have been puttin that dental putty that you can buy in cvs or similar stores every day i have been poping putty out cleening and put new putty on my question is should i leave the putty on all the time or take it off and let it kinda air out ? please help - dave ( dbreeze225@yahoo.com )

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - April - 2014, at 20:14 PM

• If you really want to save the tooth then you have to see the dentist asap. Till then maintain good oral hygiene and avoid eating from that side. About putting putty, it is not advisable to put it. To save this tooth, you may need root canal treatment followed by crown. It is difficult to comment on your situation without seeing the tooth clinically and radiographically. for more info on root canal treatment you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation