I have had a crown in my mouth for the last year that has been causing me a lot of problems. My dentist and I decided that I am possibly allergic to the metals in the crown. Last week she (my dentist) cut it out of my mouth and put in a temporary crown with a temporary adhesive while I wait for my new metal free crown. All the allergic symptoms I was having magically disappeared (numbing in the left side of face, horrible taste, stuffed up left side sinus, pain in left eye) . Problem solved, so I thought. The temporary fell out yesterday, so I returned to the dentist and they reinstalled it with a stronger adhesive. It was a powder that was mixed. It was referred to by it’s initials. I think it began with the letter “i”. All the symptoms I had are back full force. Is it possible that I am allergic to the adhesive?

Leave Comment

Comments

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 15 - December - 2013, at 09:11 AM

  • It is very rare that someone is allergic to adhesives which are used for fixing crowns. As you say all your allergy symptoms reappeared after the adhesive was used. Now you can discuss with your dentist and go for some other adhesive as many adhesives are available for fixing crowns. You dentist will take care of this and give you best option.

Free Dental Consultation