Let me start with a few facts then tell you the symptoms. 21yrs old female. I Have a deep filling on the tooth second from the farthest back on bottom left. And have had both top and bottom wisdom teeth out only on the left. (still have right side wisdoms). Ok i have severe severe cold and hot sensitivity to the deep filling tooth along with some sensitivity to one on the top left. But like lunch meat and even warm water hurts it. I cant eat on left side of mouth because a little while later it will be really sore. everday my teeth hurt im taking ibuprofrine like tic tacs. The worst is if i dont take ibuprofrine for about 7 -10 hrs an extream pain comes in my teeth top and bottom on left side,gums, inside of cheek, jaw bone and cheek bone , left ear and sometimes even my lips will feel sore and almost tingly. If i touch anything like my teeth or cheek even the side of my face its extreamly painfull. Its a throbbing pain thats worse than child birth (i have 2 kids) and when its not hurting that much its a very sore dull pain that distracts me to where i cant even watch tv. I have gone to dentist and he says to have a root canal on the tooth second from last on bottom left. However my insurance is capped out and ive already out of pocketed the two wisdom teeth and im afraid all this pain can NOT be from one tooth needing a root canal. i need to know what are some posibilities so i can bring them up to my dentist because something is clearly wrong. Also important fact is this all started from the day i had left side fillings re filled with new ones about 6 months ago After that day is nothing but pain every single day with out fail. im thinking along the lines of could this be some kind of nerve damage? Or is this as simple as an infection?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr mike

Dr mike 04 - September - 2012, at 22:32 PM

• The pain in your tooth after the filling can be due to various reasons.Since you are suffering from acute pain since a long time,I would suggest you to go to your dentist and explain your pain.Ask the dentist to take an x-ray of the involved tooth to rule out the presence of an infection underneath.If required,go in for root canal treatment.Also,the dentist might prescribe you desensitising toothpaste for local application on the tooth.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - September - 2012, at 02:40 AM

• From your description it seems that the re-filling might have lead to the tooth exposure and now the infection is developing underneath the filling due to which you are experiencing all such awful symptoms. I would recommend you to get an Xray done to see the accurate cause of pain. Take care of the following things:

1. The first thing is to visit a dentist to get an Xray done
    2. Since you are also experiencing pain over the ear, cheeks which indicates the spread of infection so it is advisable to take penicillin (only after consulting a doctor)
    3. Start doing warm saline gargles 3 to 4 times daily. It acts as a natural antiseptics and kills bacteria.
    4. If the pain doesn't subside then you most probably would be requiring an RCT.
    5. If the infection has spread to great extent then extraction can be done to bring out the pus.

For more information on dental abscess  you can visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-abscessed-tooth-55.aspx

Free Dental Consultation