Hello. I had a tooth removed two days ago on the bottom right side, the semi molar by the eye tooth. I now only have 7 teeth left in the bottom. I did everything, rinsed my mouth with salt water and noticed today at 5PM I ran a light fever. Have had diarrhea for two days. The doctor put an antibiotic gel pack in the socket. I took 2 aspirin at 5pm and have continued rinsing with salt water. But there is a long white line running from the edge of where the tooth was removed all the way up the top of the empty tooth line to almost back of moth and it is on other side of mouth too, but smaller degree. If I had to guess it looks like thrush! How did I get thrush at dentist office? The tooth socket is solid white top. Rim is red with white line taking off from edge to back of mouth. Any advice? Thank you, Dawn

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - June - 2014, at 09:59 AM

• If it is dry socket then you have to go to dentist and get the dry socket dressing done. However without clinical examination, it is difficult to say whether you have thrush or not. For this it is better you go to your dentist and discuss with him. Till then maintain good oral hygiene and take all the precautions advised by your dentist. Normal tooth extraction heals within a week to 10 days and surgical ones take around 6 weeks to 3 months. for more info on healing after tooth extraction, you can read this article in our website..... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-tooth-extraction-27.aspx

Free Dental Consultation