WHY is this pain getting worse everyday after wisdom tooth extraction? i went to him cuz my pain getting worse since the day i got extracted infacted its as close to as labor pains getting worse every day and not only that pain is radiating to my ears (severe ear pain) jaws, eyes entire right side of my faceso the doc checked to see if i have dry socket (he hasn't taken any x ray for it ) and said i don't (does dry socket can't be found on x ray?) he says its healing good and i don't have it no infection and no dry socket. Now he's kinda failed to give enough answer to what i asked about pain and it has been a week and i am fed up taking these pain killers since i am also breast feeding. do i have to go for second opinion ??cuz he says it can be abnormal if i still have this kind of pain for another week too. what could be the cause? any idea? i feel like its better to die rather going thru this pain , once the ibuprofen wears of the pain is backhe says if he tries to clean it and pack it i might develop dry socket though i dont have one right now so he says not a gud idea to pack it now (cant it be found out via x ray just to rule out?)

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - November - 2013, at 10:02 AM

• Pain after wisdom tooth removal depends on type of procedure done to remove the wisdom tooth. If the tooth is extracted surgically and lot of bone cutting has been done then pain is really bad for a week to 10 days after tooth extraction. If there is now no dry socket and according to your doctor healing is good then within couple of days you will start feeling better. It takes around 3 weeks to 6 weeks for healing to take place. Maintain good oral hygiene in the meanwhile and do warm saline rinses 2-3 times day. Follow all the after care instructions given by your dentist and take all the meds regularly. for more info on do's and don'ts after tooth extraction you can chekc this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation