The left side, my back bottom teeth. Seems like my wisdom tooth is trying to come through. It does not hurt. But my wisdom tooth/gum just starts bleeding. Not too much but I taste the blood in my mouth regularly. I haven't been to the dentist in years. Occasionally my back bottom teeth hurt because I feel my wisdom tooth coming through. I brush my teeth 2-3 times daily. Don't floss or use mouth wash. Why does my gum/back tooth keep bleeding? It bleeds on it's own, even when I am not eating or drinking. Please respond to me & tell me what you think I should do in your opinion, & what is causing this. Is it serious?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - March - 2012, at 07:55 AM

• The bleeding can be either because your wisdom tooth is not having enough space to come out and it is irritating the gum over the crown part causing pericoronitis or it can be because of gum infection in that area as the wisdom tooth area is far behind and it is very difficult to clean that area. It is better you go to the dentist and get the proper diagnosis made as it is difficult for us to make the diagnosis with out seeing the case clinicaly. If it is because of the impacted tooth then get the wisdom tooth pulled out and if it is because of the gum infection then your dentist will do the need ful. For more info on wisdom tooth you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-pericoronitis-909.aspx

Free Dental Consultation