I extracted one of my molar after a while of pain due to decay. There were no complications during the extraction however I woke up the following day with my cheek swollen and the gum was still feeling num. its been five days now and I feel as if the is a very hard ball at the upper part of the gum where the tooth was extracted. the pain is not that severe, just that my tooth below are feeling a bit itchy and the hard ball on the side of the gum pains only if I touch it. the swelling is better today compared to the past days but still, i can feel the ball on my upper gum and its very irritating. please help

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - May - 2012, at 23:15 PM

•  

Depending upon the extraction, it is normal to have swelling for at least a week post extraction. Do mouth rinsing with warm saline gargles. This will help to kill any germs plus it also helps to make the gums shrink a little.

Wait for a week and if the swelling is also there after a week that i would suggest you to visit a dentist. for more info you can visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation