I have an infected tooth. It was a cavity.. Ive had it for a couple years but I havent had insurance so I never got it taken cared of. Now, part of the tooth has broken off and my gum is swollen. It appears the swelling has spread to the other side of my mouth and kinda into my throat. I have been feeling twinges of pain, as well as a pretty bad headache, on a regular basis. The little twinges of pain have happened in my head as well as my chest region. I had pain in my ears and behind them. It felt like something was blocking my ear canal and the pressure made me feel like my head was going to implode. Some people think its allergies, but I dont have many other symptoms of allergies, Im not even sneezing. What could this be? What should I do? And how do I keep it from spreading?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - May - 2013, at 20:27 PM

• You have acute infection which id due to infected tooth. For this you should visit a dentist ASAP and dentist will decide whether the tooth can be saved by root canal treatment or it has to be pulled out. This infection can spread more, so donot take it lightly and get it treated. For this you will have to take antibiotics which will be prescribed by dentist. So schedule an appointment with dentist. For more info on tooth abscess you can check this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-facial-swelling-due-to-tooth-infection-940.aspx

Free Dental Consultation