I had all my top 14 teeth pulled. I had a top denture plate made. I had dry socket on both sides of the gums . The rest of the gums have healed. I know have pieces of bone coming through the gum. The gum is swollon due to the bone . The dentist office that pulled the teeth said the bone will work its way out. Is that the case? And if not what can i do know ? I cannot wear the denture due to the swellon and bone piece.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - June - 2014, at 09:28 AM

• Normally after teeth extraction, either the denture is given immediately and if not immediately then you have to wait for extraction sockets to heal which can take upto 6 weeks. In your case if the dry socket is there then you should let the sockets heal and pain to go. The bone pieces have to be removed or alveloplasty has to be done which will round off the bone and it will make denture wearing easier. So schedule an appointment with your dentist and discuss the problem with him. Till then do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and maintain good oral hygiene. for more info on dentures you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dentures-50.aspx

Free Dental Consultation