I bit my tongue today and it was bleeding plus my gums bleed always when I brush it and its always dry and painful all day long. Can I get a bloodborne infection like hepatitis b/c and hiv from this. I am afrfaid to eat home food, go to restaurants, eat fastfood or snacks like biscuits from the supermarket. I lost alot of weight because of not eating. Help please. I am also scared of using utensils at home such as spoons and forks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - March - 2014, at 08:57 AM

• The bleeding from the gums is due to unhealthy gums and main cause is bad oral hygiene. for this you have to go to dentist and get the SCRP done and after that maintain very good oral hygiene. This will take care of your gums. Because of this gum problem it is very unlikely that you will get bloodborne diseases and rather if you stop eating then your immunity will be compromised and then you may become less resistant to diseases. So visit a dentist by scheduling appointment. Maintain good oral hygiene and your gums will not bleed. for more info on gums diseases you can check this link in our  website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-gum-diseases-9.aspx

Free Dental Consultation