i am wearing braces n during my last check up, the dentist placed some kind of hardening clay on my molar teeth to raise my upper jaws from the lower, as to prevent the brackets on the teeth being hit often.(the upper teeth were hitting my lower teeth's brackets). i would like to know what is the clay thingy on my mouth now? thx.:)

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 04 - February - 2012, at 09:33 AM

  • The hardening clay like thing which the dentist has put on your molars is dental cement. it can be either GIC  cement or composite. If he has put directly on molar without doing any conditioning then most probably it is GIC. These materials are basically filling materials which can be put on the teeth to raise the bite normally when the upper bracekets are hitting the lower brackets as is your case. This can be easily be removed by the dentist when the treatment is over. For more info on different kinds of filling materials used by dentists you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_types-of-dental-fillings-39.aspx

Free Dental Consultation