I have this hard lump on my gum which i developed a few days back ..... I had a similar thing but more large , painful and puss from my upper fum to the under roof of mouth when i was in ninth grade . It was detected a a cyst formation and took 16 sittings with 16 injections and surgery to clean it in India . Now the lump is not painful and soft like last time but a little hard . I have applied peridex cream on it everyday and gargle with hot salt water and Listerine , the pain has completely gone but the size remains same ... Have i got that old cyst again ? Will this be too painful ? Is there any easy remedy than surgery of required ?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - March - 2014, at 20:02 PM

• If the hard swelling you are writing is at same place where the previous one was, then may be recurrence is there as the cysts do reoccur, but if it is at some other place then may be it is due to some gum infection or it may be due to some infection in the tooth which can be due to decay or trauma. For this you have to schedule an appointment with dentist who will do clinical exam and xrays and make the diagnosis. Till then keep doing warm saline rinses and maintain good oral hygiene. for more info on gum diseases you can check this link.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-gum-diseases-9.aspx

Free Dental Consultation