I had a crown installed several months ago, and I feel that the dentist did a horrible job. I no longer would like to see him anymore, as I do not have any confidence that he is a capable dentist. Is there any way to get a refund for the botched crown? Should I have another dentist take a look at it to see what their opinion is? Here are the main points as to why I feel the crown was poorly done. - When the crown was initially installed, it was way too long (probably by ¼ inch). He told me it would settle in, but it obviously never did. - When he filed down the crown, he filed the front part of the crown too much, so now the tooth in front of it is not even with the crown, and this unevenness is visible if I have a big smile. -Because of all of the filing, the biting surface is totally flat. - For some reason he decided to file one of my actual teeth, in order to try to get my bite right. - Even after his adjustments, my bite is still not comfortable. - The crown feels too large in circumference. I feel pressure all around my top set of teeth, and it seems to be pushing one of my front teeth out. - While I was in the waiting room, I heard two patients screaming, while being worked on by the dentist. Makes me believe that he is horrible at his job. Thanks, Dominic

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 07 - September - 2016, at 06:01 AM

  • You should go and talk to your dentist. Discuss with him your problem ansd ask him to get the new one made. The crowns are made in lab , Dentist take the impressions and send it to the lab. In your case it looks like that the lab people had not done the job properly and dentist had put the same crown. If after so many adjustments still the crown is high then get it changed . if you will go to another dentist then you have to pay again. For more info on dental crowns you can visit the following link on our website...


Free Dental Consultation