I had surgery for 4 connected missing teeth. They put in 3 implants and the teeth are to be replaced by a single unit of 3 implant abutments and a bridge for the 4th tooth. When the unit came back from the lab it did not fit (go more than half way down) on the implant posts. Even after an hour of drilling it still didn't fit. So the dentist made another mold and over a couple of days modified the abutment unit to fit. I have no idea how much drilling or what he did to make it fit. I am suspicious that all the extra drilling has damaged the integrity of the mold and the dentist is trying to save $$ by not ordering a new unit (3 abutments + bridge) made. Are my fears justified? If so can I demand that he order a new mold?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - April - 2014, at 09:34 AM

• If you are not comfortable with fitting and if aesthetic or function is compromised then you can always ask dentist and discuss with him. Sometimes this do happens and the dentist has to do little adjustments but if it is totally off then normally the dentist goes for new one as it is not the dentist who has to pay the lab untill it fits and in such cases even labs make new for dentists without charge. for more info on dental crowns you can check this link.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-crowns-72.aspx

Free Dental Consultation