I had a tooth pulled on Thursday aug-18-2016. She said was good with people who has long roots with a hook like I had. She numb me up and within less than a minor she broke the tooth. She said don't worry this happens. The next thing is she used a drill to get my root out while she was drilling she perfration my sinus cavity. Then she did a flap. ( I don't know what that means) then she stitched up the area. I try to ask her questions but she said don't worry I fixed it. Then she tells only eat yougart , ice cream and pudding for 3days. Then to only eat very soft food like mash potatoes soft food that's not hard to chew until I go back to her on the August 25 2016 to remove the stitches. I still try to ask her some questions and she said don't worry. She told me not to drink pop don't use a straw and just to let the blood drool out don't blow my nose and don't guard when I sneeze. Sent me home with pain medicine and amoxicillin told me to get over the counter decongestant. I got my medicine filled and a decongestant. Oh she did tell me not to smoke for 48 hours. They sent me home with no after care papers. I have been having pain I put ice on my cheek off and on. Take the medicine. When I looked today my gums have a gray white look. I have a little bit of pressure that feels like something is shattering in that area and it trobs off and on. Can you please give some advice on how to take care of this. Is it normal for my gums to be that color ? I just want this pain and how it feels to get better. Thank you for your time.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - August - 2016, at 20:38 PM

•  Hi Donna, it is very unfortunate that you have a perforated sinus after the tooth is pulled out but it does happen especially when the roots are very long and tooth is near the sinus. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor and take the meds regularly. The pressure you are feeling in that area is normal and the color of the gums is also normal. If the pain increases then visit your dentist. Do warm saline rinses three to four times a day and maintain good oral hygeine. It will take care of the discomfort you are feeling. For more info on the complications after tooth extraction you can visit our website  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation