I went to the dentist and was told I needed a root canal. This was 6 months ago. I have no insurance so I can't afford it. I was in a lot of pain for about a month and then it went away. My tooth is a bit discolored now... Whiter than my other teeth. and if I touch the area above the tooth next to my nose, it doesn't hurt really, but I feel a pressure. Am I infected?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - February - 2012, at 10:58 AM

• Yes, definitely you are having infection. Your dentist recimmended root canal treatment 6 months back and root canal treatment is done when the tooth is infected. you did not get the root canal treatment at that time and now the tooth is discolored . the discolored tooth is the sign of infection and secondly you are feeling pressure in that particular area which also indicates that the tooth is infected. You should get the root canal treatment if you really want to save the tooth. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation