I had a monthly check up because I have braces. The dentist said I only have one crooked tooth left, so he used this blade look alike to make spaces in my teeth. It was kind of like flossing, but worse. It was so painful, he kept hitting my gums. I was bleeding so much. I wanted to cry, first time I wanted to cry when it came to my braces. Couple days later, my gums started hurting. There is a pimple look alike, with puss surrounding it. It's on the left side, under my teeth. It hurts to eat and brush my teeth. I think it hit one of my nerves.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - June - 2012, at 01:59 AM

• I would suggest you to bring the case into notice to your orthodontist. Having pain after braces is common. You need to take special care of not eating too hot or too cold, avoiding solid, chewy and sticky food. Do warm saline gargles and apply a gumpaint (available over the counter) over the area. Dont touch the affected area as it will make you hurt even more...for more info on how to deal with pain due to dental braces visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-how-to-handle-braces-pain-837.aspx

Free Dental Consultation