Hello - I know I need a crown... front tooth. Chipped it years ago as a kid. Had a wonderful composite filling for years til vanity got the better of me and I wanted a new one that wasn't so yellow. Big mistake as that didn't last a year and I swallowed it this morning at breakfast. (The old one held strong for 16 years til I voluntarily got it switched). Now I have another composite because it was cheaper than a crown. I don't like the new filling. It is very thin. The emergency dentist said it was thin because the remaining tooth is thin and he was making match straight across (I'm missing the corner of the tooth... like the bottom quarter of it, I guess) Top front tooth... they call it number 9, if that means anything to you. I'm going to look into crowns now. When I have money I may get one. I want to know if it can be made thicker than the tooth to match the neighboring teeth. My other front tooth is much thicker and it now feels odd with my tongue... almost like it is still missing. It makes saying words difficult because I'm not used to the gap. Can I plan on this being my problem for the rest of my life? Can a crown be made specifically to fit my wishes or am I going to have an annoyingly skinny tooth for the rest of forever?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - June - 2014, at 20:31 PM

• Yes you can get the crown for front chipped tooth according to your wish. The dentist will take the impression, make the mould and then will get the crown made from lab. You can tell the dentist what you really want and he will get it made according to it. Otherwise also, it will always be matched with other teeth by dentist for aesthetic purposes otherwise it will look odd and the dentist will give you trial before permanent fixing. You can always make your choice. Before fixing of crown on front tooth, you will be advised to get root canal treatment on this tooth which is needed. for more info on dental crown, you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-crowns-72.aspx

Free Dental Consultation