I had a filling (huge) replaced. It wasn't touching the nerve but it was fairly close to it ... Now after a week I got this massive pain I went in but she ddnt check me she just said it was the nerve n I need a root canal ... She gave me viccodin and penicillin now vicodin is not taking the pain away ...it feels more like a burning sensation n my gums its super sharp too so I'm wondering if its really my teeth or something else too

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - March - 2013, at 20:06 PM

• From your symptoms it looks like that your tooth is infected and it needs the root canal treatment. When the tooth is infected the pain is very acute and even pain killers are not very effective. the antibiotics along with pain killer help but after third day when the level of antibiotic in blood is enough to control the infection. So you have to get the root canal treatment done for that tooth and for that you have to schedule an appointment with your dentist. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation