Hi, about 6 month's ago I fell and chipped both of my front teeth. I had them bonded about 2 days later and everything was fine. About a month ago I noticed a Rough circle shaped spot on my tooth and what look like crack lines coming from the spot. The lines only come out of this one spot. I cannot feel the lines with my tongue or my finger and I cannot see them unless I shine a flashlight or something directly on my tooth. I haven't noticed any unusual sensitivity to hot or cold. I've seen my dentist since discovering these cracks but did not mention them to him (I just forgot) but he also did not mention that anything was wrong with this tooth. Should I be worried about these crack lines?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - November - 2012, at 02:30 AM

• White spots on teeth can be because of demineralization of enamel or can be there because of enamel hypoplasia. Trauma to developing tooth bud can lead to white spots on teeth. If demineralization of enamel is cause of white spots on teeth, then tooth structure can be remineralized with fluoride application or fluoride rinses. If white spots are because of hypocalcification, then dental bonding, lumineers, veneers or dental crowns are required to mask the damage. Dental bonding with composite restoration can be done but it may fall off after some time and then it needs to be re-done. You can get dental lumineers, veneers or dental crowns in case of enamel hypoplasia. For more info on enamel hypoplasia, refer to….   http://www.identalhub.com/article_enamel-hypoplasia-370.aspx

Free Dental Consultation