My right side jaw started swelling up and the pain was awful..went to the dentist and they gave me some pain meds along with some antibiotics ..it was my wisdom..during this time,it felt like my right lower canine was being push out due to swelling.my right wisdom has been removed 4-5 weeks ago,but my jaw will swell up still and the wisdom hole is not healed.my canine presses against my inside lip causing irritation and my bottom lip and chin is still numb,tingles..why?all this?its driving me crazy!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - July - 2015, at 20:41 PM

• It looks like that your extraction socket is infected as even 4-5 weeks after tooth extraction it has not healed. For this you have to go back to your dentist and get it checked. If it is dry socket or infection then the socket will be cleaned and dressing will be given. Till then do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day and maintain good oral hygiene. Donot eat from that side. The pressure on canine is also  due to infection in extraction socket. For more info on complications after tooth extraction, you can  check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation