several days ago i noticed some pain beginning to develop on the roof of my mouth in close proximity to my front two teeth. after several days the pain continued to grow in intensity and expand to encompass larger areas. the level of discomfort i know feel has left me sleepless last night. when I palpitate the area wwhere the pain originated i have noticed a hard pointy growth that is protuding downward from the roof of my mouth. If I try to wiggle it i can feel how sturdy it is. now i did some research and think it may be a bone spur( osostosis). I am concerned if i am experiencing such a high level of pain because ive suffered multiple traumas to that area in the past two years that required tooth extraction and titanium posts along with porcelain veneers put there as implants. please answer as soon as possible

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - December - 2013, at 20:37 PM

• As you have written that you have got implants in front two teeth, so the pain may be because of some infection in that area. You should not ignore it and schedule an appointment with your dentist. He will do clinical exam and take xrays and find out the cause. Till then try to maintain good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day. Most probably it is due to some gum infection which is causing this problem. for more info on gum problems you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-gum-diseases-9.aspx

Free Dental Consultation