I have 3 broken molars, both bottoms and the top left. They have been broken for a few years now and I haven't had any issues but I'm concerned that they will. Most of the tooth, teeth are gone but I still have the root attached. I have also noticed that I have black decay or something on the broken parts of the tooth. My question is, is it necessary for me to get the teeth romoved completely if I'm not having any problems? I currently do not have dental insurance but I am concerned for my dental health, I don't want to cause any additional issues for my teeth. Thank you and I hope I hear from someone soon.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - February - 2012, at 21:01 PM

• It is always better to either get the decayed broken teeth removed or get them treated by restoring them. They are the source of infection. Now they may not be causing any problem but sooner or later they will cause the problem. So go to the dentist who will do the clinical examination and take the X-ray to diagnose whether these teeth can be saved or they have to be pulled out. If you do not have any insurance then you can visit somedental school which is near by . The treatment in dental school is quite cheap.

Free Dental Consultation